*FIXED?* RE: [Mailman-Users] /home/mailman/logs/smtp-failures (fwd)

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Wed Sep 27 22:41:40 CEST 2000

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> The new Defaults.py hadn't been changed.  I didn't think it would be
> overwritten in an upgrade.  But it was.

You may know this now, but in case you don't, or in case someone else has
done something similar:

You are *not* supposed to edit Defaults.py, as the comment right at the top says:

# NEVER make site configuration changes to this file.  ALWAYS make them in
# mm_cfg.py instead, in the designated area.  See the comments in that file
# for details.

mm_cfg.py is preserved across upgrades.