[Mailman-Users] Mailman and CommunigatePro?

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Sun Apr 1 23:48:31 CEST 2001

I'm still curious as to whether or not it will work given that Mailman is
essentially expecting sendmail and that one has to do some interesting
things with aliases for sendmail as part of setting up Mailman lists... I'
m just not certain how one would go about setting up the equivalent alias
functionality in CGatePro...

On Sunday, April 1, 2001, at 03:48 PM, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     DH> Does anyone have any experience using Mailman with
>     DH> CommunigatePro from Stalker Software? CGPro also has some list
>     DH> functionality, but I am already running a number of lists with
>     DH> Mailman that I am loathe to have to move (to say nothing of
>     DH> the fact that the list functionality in CGPro costs money I
>     DH> don't have...)
>
> Heh.  Well, Digital Creations (my employer) uses CGPro for its
> internal mail system.  There are a number of things we don't like
> about CGPro w.r.t. mailing lists, including the pain of configuring it
> correctly, its tendency to bogusly divulge internal list names, and
> the privilege of paying for every extra list we want to run.  I'm not
> the CGPro administrator, so I can't speak to many more details, but
> suffice to say we're probably going to be moving all our internal
> lists to Mailman as soon as we can find the cycles.
>
> Other than that, and speaking purely as a user, CGPro seems to have
> some nice features.
>
> -Barry

/david

--
david herren	|	In an Internet without walls,
shoreham, vt	|	who needs Windows or Gates?