[Mailman-Users] Mailing List speed?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Apr 2 22:50:41 CEST 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:18:39 -0400
Joel Bartley <Bartley> wrote:

> How fast does Mailman deliver messages?  number of emails per
> hour, I mean.  Do you have any performance statistics?  I have a
> user base of 50000 to 200000 (it's unknown at this time).  Would
> it be possible to use Mailman or would you advise me to search for
> a more robust system?

Mailman hands off to the local MTA.  It is then up to the MTA to
handle deliveries.  How fast is the handoff?  I get roughly 1K
messages within a couple seconds with MAX_RCPT_TO set to 5.  Speed
of remote delivery is entirely dependant on your MTA, network
connectivity, DNS issues, and remote site availability.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu