[Mailman-Users] Help me

Chris Boot bootc at worldnet.fr
Wed Apr 4 17:30:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 1.>I have installed mailman on my server, I've created a list, changed
> aliases, run newaliases and typed
> http://mailman.com.mymcomm.com/cgi-bin/listinfo.cgi
> on the browser, which is showing no publicly advertised list available.But
> when I clicked "the list admin overview page " link it shows me the list I
> created as publicly advertised list. Why the listname is not showing by
> listinfo.cgi?

Run bin/check_perms from your mailman directory.  That will probably tell
you that the permissions on some directory are wrong.  Then run
bin/check_perms -f to fix the problems one by one until you have none.

> 2>On accesing the listinfo.cgi page I'm getting a line as "(Send questions
> and comments to mailman-owner at localhost.localdomain.)". But I want to
> change the link as my domain name, how to do that. I've added the
> necessary things to mm_cfg.py file and changed aliases file also, but it
> is not working.

You need to add a line to your mm_cfg.py file that reads
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

This is because the Defults.py file is compiled, and won't update the value
of this property if you change the DEFAULT_HOST_NAME variable.  That line is
copied straight out of the Defaults.py file.

--
Chris Boot
bootc at worldnet.fr

"Modem error handling really su~c%dk,s.^D^D&x at R*cCKo#?CB,*o#?C!!b    %o#?
NO CARRIER