[Mailman-Users] weird mailman bug

Jon Spewak jon at modem.org
Thu Apr 5 02:41:17 CEST 2001

This is weird.  Just created a new mailing list called "Junk", and
successfully administrated the options throughout the mailing list.  I had
a friend of mine subscribe to the list via the webpage, got email
verification, and he responded to it.  I tried to get back in to the Junk
Administration page from my web browser, but the link just hangs when I
click on it.  That's weird.  I've tried everything, and I just can't
administer the list anymore.  It just hangs.

I go to http://mailman.modem.org/m/admin/junk and that just hangs.  The
and other mailman URL's work fine.  Other admin pages work fine too.  I
don't know what's wrong with the Junk list.

I tried the admin page in IE 5.0 and Netscape 4.08, same hang
happens.  There's no page request shown in the webserver log when I click
on that link, so I find that weird too.  I checked the mailman logs, and
there's no errors listed there.

I ran check_db on the junk list, and it checks out fine.  I then did a
rmlist to remove the junk mailing list, thinking it was just gone.  I
re-created the junk mailing list, however the exact same thing happens
when I click on the admin page.

I'm out of ideas here.

Jon