[Mailman-Users] can one trace an email note?

Philippe Rodriguez Philippe_Rodriguez at bevoux.grenoble.hp.com
Wed Apr 11 10:55:11 CEST 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, alex wetmore wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Len Hatfield wrote:
> > But because the user is NOT subscribed to my list via the
> > secondary address, and I have no way of knowing which of the 100
> > subscribers has set up the bogus forwarding, which of these is
> > the primary address in this little routing dilmma.
>
> Wait until the 1st of the month when the per-user reminder messages
> are sent out.  The body of this message will contain the email
> address, and it should be included in the NDR.

With a similar idea : you can get the list of subscribers and write a
 short script to send each of them an email with subject
 "test of address $subscriber" ... and a short message explaining to your
 subscribers the problem (and asking them to check their forwardings).

Those which have bad forwarding(s) will come back to you with the address
 in the subject ...

Other idea : is there a way to force this per-user reminder message ?
 (to avoid waiting the end of the month)

Phil.