[Mailman-Users] Protection from autoresponder loop?

Steve Braker braker at danenet.wicip.org
Sun Apr 15 19:57:00 CEST 2001

I was surprised this morning to find a Yahoo list that I manage send out
300 copies of copies of copies because a subscriber had an autoresponder
turned on.  Surprised because I would have assumed there was some
automatic detection and blocking of this sort of thing.

So my question is this: if I move that list to a Mailman list, could the
same thing happen?  Is there something  need to do to avoid it (other than
educating subscribers, which doesn'tseem to work too well).

Thanks,

Steve Braker