[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] URGENT Please Help: Duplicates with 2.0 final

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Apr 18 03:07:11 CEST 2001

On Tuesday, April 17, 2001, at 06:02 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

> I created a withlist script and a mail template to send reminders
> to all "nomail" folks, and run it by hand from time to time;
> I'm not convinced it's better, but it lets me not permanently
> lose people without giving them a chance to stay less painfully than
> resubbing.

that's an option -- have you considered adding it to the disto?

My problem, though, is that I have a group of users that use nomail as
an alternative to email aliases (which we've talked about). So I get to
choose how to annoy who -- I tend to think it's better to leave nomail
to the users, and either remove users or set up a second flag for system
use in disabling users, because otherwise we end up with ambiguous
situations.

When an agnostic dies, does he go to the "great perhaps"?