Anyone? (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Two "newbie" questions...)
pug at pug.net
Thu Apr 19 17:10:44 CEST 2001
I am in the process of converting my site over from Majordomo to
Mailman. In the process I have hit two snags that I can't figure out
how to get around.
1) When adding all the members, they are getting one password per
list. This seems highly undesirable. Is there a way for a user, or
preferably the site administrator, to synchronize their passwords
for all the lists to be the same?
2) How can I setup an umbrella list with the following features:
1) The lists that it is an umbrella for only allow member posting
2) The umbrella is moderated
3) The umbrella posts through the lists once it is moderated *without*
the need for the list admin for each sub-list to approve it
4) The users only get *one* copy of the mail message
I was able to do this with Majordomo by just having the include
files listed instead of the list name. I don't see how to do this
I appreciate any help in these matters and hope to be able to
contribute more than just questions real soon now. (I'm already
starting on a replacement for newlist that allows you to set more
features at the start. Unfortunately I don't know python yet so it's a
Pug Bainter | AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS | Mail Stop 625
Pug.Bainter at amd.com | pug at pug.net | 5900 E. Ben White Blvd
Phone: (512) 602-0364 | Fax: (512) 602-6970 | Austin, TX 78741
Note: The views may not reflect my employers, or even my own for that matter.
More information about the Mailman-Users