Anyone? (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Two "newbie" questions...)

jtrigg at jtrigg at
Thu Apr 19 20:15:28 CEST 2001

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:58:46AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:10:44AM -0500, Pug Bainter wrote:
> >   2) How can I setup an umbrella list with the following features:
> >
> >      1) The lists that it is an umbrella for only allow member posting
> >      2) The umbrella is moderated
> >      3) The umbrella posts through the lists once it is moderated *without*
> >         the need for the list admin for each sub-list to approve it
> >      4) The users only get *one* copy of the mail message
> Yep, I do all that, but it required me to have mailman look at the envelope
> sender for moderation instead of the header sender (prefered), and then in
> the sub-lists, I was able to say that:
> privacy/addresses accepted for posting: umbrella-name-admin at yourdomain
> privacy/alias names: umbrella-name
> Disable password reminders on umbrella, and set envelope sender froms in
> ~mailman/Mailman/

Umbrella list A has three sublists A1, A2, and A3 subscribed to it.
Someone at is subscribed to lists A1 and A3.  When a message is
sent to A, will someone at receive one or two copies of it?  What
setting is necessary to prevent someone at from receiving two

Jim Trigg
Itinerant List Admin
/ \