[Mailman-Users] Internal server error from mailman CGI scripts in spite of correct config?

Kyrian kyrian at ore.org
Fri Apr 20 06:00:23 CEST 2001

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is an odd one, I think.

I've got mailman configured correctly as far as I can see, but I still
get "Internal Server Error" problems on the web interface, and the
following in the apache error log:

[Thu Apr 19 23:54:00 2001] [error] [client 195.13.114.100] Premature end
of script headers: /usr/share/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

There's nothing in the mailman errors log about this, and nothing in the
maillog about this, except when I run the cgi's from the command line
wrongly (they work if I su to "nobody" and run them).

Everything else seems to work fine, and I've done the following part of
the FAQ for:

'Q. What if I get "document contains no data" from the web server, or
mail isn't getting delivered, or I see "Premature end of script headers"
or "Mailman CGI error!!!"'

ie. in my vhost config for apache (because I'm using suexec for Cgi's):

<VirtualHost 195.82.99.77>
User nobody
Group nobody

Which removes the errors about "Wrong GID" etc error messages.

I'm using redhat's mailman-2.0beta5-1 RPM (asking for trouble, I
know..), and I've followed the instructions for that.

For python I'm using this RPM from the python site itself:
BeOpen-Python-2.0-1

But the problem still remains.

Is it some incompatibility between suexec and mailman? or a dumb
permissions/config error at my end?

I'm stumped, and if anyone could help, that would be great.

Yours,

Kev.

PS. The archives for this list don't seem to be searchable? Is that a
future plan for mailman? or?

--
"Life is the sieve through which my anarchy strains, resolving itself
into words"