[Mailman-Users] *Please* correct the GNU links (was Re: erroneous messages from 1ultram-admin at lists.1ultram.com)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at gnu.org
Mon Apr 23 23:22:43 CEST 2001

I believe that I have mentioned to the GNU Mailman maintainers before
about this issue, but I would like to reiterate it because I haven't heard
anything back.

The problem is this:

Because every Mailman page has a link to the GNU/FSF website at the bottom
of each page, people think that GNU or the FSF are somehow affiliated with
random sites that happen to run GNU Mailman.

This has wasted lots of time of FSF staff, because they often call us and
demand we do something.  It's wasted time in email to gnu at gnu.org, the
general GNU/FSF contact address, and now they are finding random people,
such as Bob Chassell, associated with GNU and bothering them.

Could you please add something to the bottom of each Mailman default page
to note that the project links sponsor the software but are not related to
the mailing list itself in any way?