[Mailman-Users] Re: *Please* correct the GNU links (was Re: erroneous messages from 1ultram-admin at lists.1ultram.com)

Geert Altena geert at arago.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 25 00:13:59 CEST 2001

Quoting Richard Stallman, <rms at gnu.org>:
>     I'm not sure how much that will help.  People will either not read
>     that or ignore it out of desperation.  I've been thinking the
>     sponsorship logos should remain, but should not be hyperlinked.
>
> I think it is a good idea to take out the link in this case.

Another thing that might have something to do with this situation is that
there apparently also is another program called Mailman, same spelling also
as GNU Mailman I believe, that might be some spamtool, on the website at
least it's called a 'Bulk Emailer' (http://www.iwebsys.com/freeware/mailman.html)

Perhaps people are complaining about this, do a search on 'Mailman' and
guess where they end up...

Cheers,
\Geert.
--
Geert Altena | Geert at arago.utwente.nl | Coffee, black, no sugar
      Finger for PGPkey : Diffie-Hellman 2048/0xC540C550