[Mailman-Users] mailman question

Philippe Rodriguez Philippe_Rodriguez at grenoble.hp.com
Thu Apr 26 17:14:04 CEST 2001

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, PhotoScan and More wrote:

> What if I use the RPM package though, is it the same?

No, because you don't build mailman by yourself.
You can run your web server (Apache, ...) using gid 48

For Apache :
# grep group httpd.conf
Group web

 and is /etc/group, number for web is 48.

The message mailman sent you is explicit : it is configured to want GID
 48, but the http daemon ran with GID 99. You have to set the same GID.

Phil.