[Mailman-Users] empty archive messages from "bogus at does.not.exist.com"

Jason R. Mastaler jason-dated-989343315.81ddf3 at mastaler.com
Mon Apr 30 19:35:14 CEST 2001

My Mailman list archives are being populated by lots of empty messages
that look like this:

  From: bogus at does.not.exist.com ()
  Date: Mon Apr 30 11:55:01 2001
  Subject: No subject

They started showing up around the time I started using "preline"
before calling "wrapper" in response to this FAQ entry:

  Q. Still having problems? Running QMail?
  A. Make sure that you are using "preline" before calling "wrapper":

  |preline /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post listname

  "preline" adds a Unix-style "From " header which the archiver
  requires.

So is the FAQ just outdated, or is this a new Mailman bug?

--
(TMDA - http://tmda.sourceforge.net)
(Python-based SPAM reduction system)