[Mailman-Users] 40 connections open

Louiza louiza at home.com
Wed Aug 1 16:32:34 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm back. :) I have a new web host who has never used Mailman before,
however, the tech support people are working hard to make things run
smoothly. I just administer my lists, so I don't have access to logs
or anything like that, but I can talk directly to a tech person.

We've been having some problems with the posts being delayed in
delivery for four to five hours and sometimes, members don't get the
mail from the list for a day. In troubleshooting this, the tech guy
said one problem that was happening was with the ISP of
bellsouth.net, who opened up 40 connections and left them open,
thereby causing a drain on the mail server. Does this make sense to
anybody?

Anyone have suggestions on what to check or do that would relate to
this problem of mail delivery being delayed? The tech guy was certain
it is a Mailman problem. He's running 2.0.5. My discussion list,
while small in number of members (200) is quite active at times.

Regards,

Louiza