[Mailman-Users] NEW TO THE LIST WITH A TRILLION QUESTIONS, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

Victory Associates LTD, Inc. O. O. Ogidan valtd at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 12 23:24:41 CEST 2001

        Dear List Members:

I have just SET UP a mailing list for BLIND ENTREPRENEURS on my server.  However, I am running into a few problems with respect to configuration.  For ease of reference, I shall number the questions:

1.  I want POSTINGS from mailing list members TO go directly TO THE LIST WITHOUT MODERATOR'S APPROVAL.  hOW CAN i HAVE mAILMAN DO THIS?
2.  i HAVE THE MAILING LIST ADDRESS AS FOLLOWS:  BLIND-ENTREP ... IT DOES APPEAR THAT mAILMAN does not LIKE THIS FORM OF ADDRESSING SCHEME.  iT KEEPS SETTING IT AS BLINDENTREP.  dOES mAILMAN NOT PERMIT THE USE OF DASHES AND UNDERLINE?
3.  hOW CAN i SET UP A spam filter?  fOR EXAMPLE, i do not WANT POSTINGS FROM A non subscriber GETTING TO THE list.  And I am thinking the USE OF A SPAM FILTER is the best way to go.  What say you all on this one?
4.  I would like the subject header to be preceded by [blind-entrep]:  Can this be done with Mailman?
5.  Does Mailman SUPPORT nomail like Majordomo and List Serve does?

I am sure I have a zillion more questions, but will lay off for now till I read from someone out there.  Many thanks for anticipated help!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun