[Mailman-Users] mailman & exim

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Aug 17 23:03:34 CEST 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 04:58:45PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 17 August 2001, Dave Sherohman said:
> > You also need to cut-and-paste the list of aliases given to you by
> > newlist into your alias file.
> NO!!  That's NOT needed when running Mailman-on-Exim with the fancy
> directors and routers from Nigel Metheringham's HOWTO.  (Also in
> Mailman's README.EXIM I believe.)

Guess I haven't read that howto, then.  For my lists, I do just as I
said:  copy the aliases and add 'user = list' to the aliasfile
directors and It Just Works.  What's the advantage of Nigel's way?

With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox
"To prevent unauthorized reading..."         - Adobe eBook reader license