[Mailman-Users] Re: The Mailman Wishlist

Brian Basgen brian at marxists.org
Sat Aug 18 18:57:09 CEST 2001

Hello,

  Would you consider adding to your wish list:
	1.) send a  kind of "vacation message" to non-list members
	2.) the ability to reply to both the sender and the list

  The need we have is this: I help maintain a list of 8 volunteers.
Readers send various questions to our list, and when we answer the mails
we reply to the reader (who is not a list subscriber) and to the list --
so other list members know the question has been answered (and how it
was answered). Sometimes though no one on the list answers a mail sent
to us. So it'd be nice that every time a reader sent in a request, they
got a mail back saying we received your mail and if you don't hear back
from us in a week, write us again (with a little explanation of how
group responsibility can allow some things to slip between the
cracks! :) The second wish is more minor -- sometimes list members
forget to send their reply to the list so it only makes it to the reader
(who is our default reply-to).

  Thanks for your consideration, and for building a fantastic product! :)

Comradely,

  Brian Basgen

Marxists Internet Archive
http://marxists.org/