[Mailman-Users] Private archive: authentication success/view fail

Brian Elliott Finley brian at thefinleys.com
Fri Aug 24 06:52:25 CEST 2001

Thus spake Robert Crosbie (bobb+mailman-users at redbrick.dcu.ie):

> Brian Elliott Finley hath declared on Thursday the 23 day of August 2001  :-:
> > I have a list setup with a private archive.  When I try to access the
> > archives, I log in successfully and am presented with the expected view
> > of archives by month.  But when I click on one of the "View by:" links,
> > I'm taken back to the authentication screen.
> >
> > How do I resolve this?
>
> This sounds like you need to turn on cookies in your browser,
> as the authentication screen suggests.
>
> - bobb

Thanks for the response, Bobb.  It does sound like a cookies issue, but
I do have cookies enabled in my browser.  I even tried two different
browsers (Opera and Mozilla) with the same result.

Do you have other suggestions that I could try?

-Brian

 Brian Elliott Finley           <brian at thefinleys.com>
 http://thefinleys.com/            phone: 972.447.9563
 http://systemimager.org/           phax: 309.424.2963
 CSA, C2000, CNE, CLSE, MCP, and Certifiable Linux Nut