[Mailman-Users] Bug in Subscribe Template / Subscribe Script

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sat Aug 25 03:48:15 CEST 2001

At 11:21 +0200 8/24/2001, Marc Logemann wrote:
>after some research minutes i figured out that the
>subscribe python script should be used as the listinfo
>script with:
>
>doc = HeadlessDocument()
>
>Then your HTML output will be accordingly to subscribe.html template.
>
>So, i could do my changes, if i would know how to compile my modifications :)
>So, i know i asked it before, but please gimme a hint how to compile it...thx

It should be sufficient to change the subscribe.py file.

Because the source file will be newer than the subscribe.pyc file, Python
should compile it when it is needed.

Then go through a subscribe exercise, and check that the right thing
happens, and that the subscribe.pyc file has a new date (it will, unless
there is a permissions issue).  It did work here just now.

>BTW its not only headless, its also footless :)
Well, that will keep it from tripping over things as it walks around.  ;-)

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA