[Mailman-Users] Cron

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Aug 27 22:52:20 CEST 2001

At 10:37 -0400 8/27/2001, Jeff Baldwin wrote:
>On my server users are not allowed to enter/edit crontabs... will it
>harm the operation of MailMan if I were to put the contents of
>"crontab.in" into my system cron (/etc/crontab) versus doing the
>"crontab crontab.in" as user mailman?

You would have to specify the user under which the tasks are to be run.
Perhaps mailman, but it is whatever it is there.

User crontab and system crontab file formats differ by the presence of the
username.

Since the entries are provided in user crontab form, you'll need it insert
the username, between the scheduling columns and the commands.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA