[Mailman-Users] qrunner locks timestamped in the future?

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Thu Aug 30 07:53:31 CEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:17:33 -0700
Jo Brooks <jobrooks at us.dhl.com> wrote:

> First symptom, was that this one list wasn't sending out messages.
> Second symptom, I was no longer able to access the admin webpages.
> Sometimes I could log in and check the configs, most of the time I
> could not.  The pages would hang.
> After I went on to check the qrunner and the locks, I discovered
> something strange.  The timestamps in the lock directory are dated 
> ahead of current time.
That's not a bug... it's a feature. Actually it's a 'dirty' trick of the
locking mechanism ;)
Anyway your problem is probably related to the locking... either one
mailman process (qrunner or the cgi's) died without removing a lockfile or
a qrunner process is still running, stuck on a message for some reason...
What I usually do in these situations is check if there isn't anything
running anymore and then remove all files in the lockdirectory.

If this doesn't help it could be hannging on one of the messages in qfiles
directory... I'd suggest moving them someplace else and checking them with
dumpdb... if there aren't that much you could put them back in pairs (.db
and .msg) and see on which it gets stuck (by temporarily disabling qrunner
in crontab and running it manually)



More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list