[Mailman-Users] setup

A1800service at aol.com A1800service at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 17:34:17 CET 2001

In a message dated 12/10/01 10:30:36 AM Central Standard Time,
R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk writes:

<< >I need some setup help with mailmain...

 >I started off by unpacking it:
 >
 >tar mailman.tar.gz and it created:
 >
 >/home/business/mailman-2.0.7
 >
 >it seems to have set the files up and all, now what
 >do i do?  can someone provide links so how i
 >can get into configuration...etc..etc...

 read the files called INSTALL, README.xxxxx and FAQ in the directory that
 was un-gzipped and un-tarred. INSTALL explains how to configure and install
 Mailman.

I already went over some of it, i just do not understand...
I have noticed, that it did not unpack like it supposed too...
it was supposed to create in /home/business/mailman
but instead it made:

/home/business/mailman-2.0.7

can you supply me a command line that will unpak
it into the correct directory...

Thanks