[Mailman-Users] Newbie Help, No Mail Sent

Joel Barnum jbarnum at descriptor.com
Tue Dec 11 04:45:53 CET 2001

I use a web hosting service that's running Mailman 2.0.6. I've setup
a few lists in the past couple of months and they were working
fine. But in the last week or so, the lists stopped working --
emails sent to the list address don't bounce, but are not forwarded
(the proverbial bit bucket). I tried setting the "ack" setting to
on, but that didn't work either (no ack sent). But if I subscribe a
new email address, the welcome message is sent.

I opened a support ticket with the hosting service, and they assured
me that "We have checked the mail list server and it is sending out
emails at this time".

My question is: what can I tell the support people to check so they
can fix the problem?

Joel Barnum