[Mailman-Users] (Q) How to keep real addresses with email addresses

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Dec 27 23:54:59 CET 2001

This question has probably been discussed at length before.
But how do people incorporate mailman with a "database"
-- perhaps in XML format --
containing other information about list members,
eg their real names, addresses etc ?

Am I right in assuming that mailman will not allow
email address in the form "tim at maths.tcd.ie <Timothy Murphy>"
as majordomo does ?

In my case I'd rather keep more info than that
(for a society) in XML format,
and then keep that in sync with the mailman list.
This surely must be something quite a lot of list-owners would like?
Is there a standard way of doing it?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at maths.tcd.ie