[Mailman-Users] crontab overwritten!!

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Thu Feb 8 04:22:16 CET 2001

At 05:23 PM 2/7/2001 -0600, Borries Demeler wrote:
>I recently installed mailman on my server, and just wanted to alert you
>guys to a serious bug: During the installation my crontab for root was
>overwritten
>and replaced in its  entirety with only mailman entries. This caused
>considerable
>headaches. You might want to check that the crontab info is *added*
>instead
>of overwritten.

Methinks you (or a script) copied the mailman crontab entries to a
file and then did this:

    crontab <file>

which will replace the current crontab with the contents of <file>,  *exactly*
what you report. This has nothing to do with the mailman distribution, as
you need to add this by hand. Possibly some script that is NOT part of
the mailman distribution did this for you.

reb