[Mailman-Users] Mail headers with Mailman

Ed Lazor osmosis at atfantasy.com
Fri Feb 16 02:15:19 CET 2001

>When can we expect your patch for the FAQ?

I sent out a full listing of the changes I made to remove the headers last
week.  If someone else would like to create a patch, that would be great,
because I don't know how to.  This is one of the reasons why I was hoping
to appeal to people on the list.  Another reason was the certainty that the
developers of mailman would have a much better idea of which headers to
make optional or not.

Don't worry about it tho.  I'm getting enough personal hate mail over this
that I don't care any more.  If I ever need help with my mailman
installation, I'm screwed.  All of it over the fact that I believe in FREEDOM.

That's right.  It's about freedom.  Others would suggest it's about forcing
others to do what you want, because you know what's better for them in the
long run.  These same people bring my ability as an admin into question and
suggest those who can't deal with the interim discomfort are "overly
sensitive".  I respect your opinion, but you're wrong.  If you're going to
challenge me to look at long-term solutions, then I challenge you in
return.  Look.  We have the potential of providing long-term solutions with
the flexibility of addressing short-term and long-term concerns.  In other
words, we can support the standard and make it as easy as flipping a switch
when people are ready to use the new features it provides.

What you do now is up to you.  In the meanwhile, I haven't once tried to
attack anyone directly, but I have been.  Please stop attacking me,
especially when it comes to my computer network.  You've basically told me
to accept it and shut up.  Well, obviously, I can't accept someone taking
my freedom away, but I'll certainly shut up, because I can't afford having
someone hack into my system and cause havoc over what we've discussed in
the mailing list.

-Ed