[Mailman-Users] Massive list prevents other lists' posts?

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at ActiveState.com
Tue Feb 27 20:54:02 CET 2001

We're using Mailman to manage many lists. Our announcement list
is very large, 50,000+ users.

Whenever we post a message to the very large list, posts stop
flowing from the others.

I've looked through the Mailman source to figure out why, and I'm stumped.
It seems to me that nothing should be impeding the other lists from
injecting their messages into the queue, interleaved with the mass
mailout from the announcement list.

If I add a new member to a list, that member gets their welcome message
instantly. So there isn't a fundamental resource limitation here. A post
to that list, however, doesn't get through.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar
Web App Developer, ActiveState