[Mailman-Users] Problem with wrapper execution

Daniel Einspanjer daniel at yipyip.com
Wed Jan 17 07:31:42 CET 2001

I installed Mailman on my Redhat 6.2 system that is running Apache and
Exim.  When doing the configure, I specified --with-mail-gid=12 which is
the group for my "mail" account.  I created the mailman account and am
using the default home directory for it.  Exim is configured to use the
"mail" user and group.

Whenever a message is sent to the mail list address, a delivery failure
notification comes back with the following information:

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  test at miraclelabs.com:
    Child process of list_transport transport returned 2 from command:
    /home/mailman/mail/wrapper
--

Note that I can't see what the arguments being handed to wrapper are.  I
don't know if this is normal for exim or if it is the source of my

Could anyone give me some advice on how to troubleshoot this problem?  I
do not see any more information on my /var/log/maillog file, and there
is no information in the ./mailman/logs directory pertaining to this.

Daniel