[Mailman-Users] Normal people (microsoft users) having a hard time confirming?

John Ruttenberg rutt at chezrutt.com
Mon Jul 2 20:30:38 CEST 2001

I have a list and it seems that nobody has ever succeeded in subscribing to
it.  Finally somebody complained to me.  The confirm mail he tried to send had
all kinds of MIME and HTML suff it in and the error message he got back from
mailman was like:

    Command? This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    Command? ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C102E6.40053020
    Command? Content-Type: text/plain;
    Command? charset="iso-8859-1"
    Command? Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    > confirm 729307

I told him that he had to send plain mail, but I don't think he understood me
or could tell if he had actually done this.

Is there a solution to this short of opening the mailing list or changing the
subscribe policy to "require approval"?