[Mailman-Users] Wrong email addresses leading to mail-loops

Michael Dosser mic at t0.or.at
Thu Jul 5 15:18:52 CEST 2001

Dear list members!

I know that it's not very polite to reply to my own email just to point out that
it has not been answered. Please help, we still have the same problem!

What we did until now: I made a script to test whether a subscribed email is
part of one of our domains and if it is to check whether it exists in
the /etc/mail/virtusertable. This script runs by cron every 2 hours and
unsubscribes the wrong email address.

This cannot be the solution.

Anyone?

Ciao,mic

* Michael Dosser <mic at t0.or.at> [010625 16:29]:

> Problem description:
> Whenever a members email address is wrong, e.g. bla at .bla.org or whenever a
> local email adress has no mailbox qrunner tries to deliver x-times to all
> members, which it has reached until the wrong email address. It obviously
> stops when we delete the files in $MAILMANHOME/qfiles. But this cannot be the > solution since nobody is sitting there watching postmaster mails every
> second ;) Anyway: this is very annoying since lots of members unsubscribed
> after this has happened ... uhm, and: yes, we have bounce options activated
> on every list with the options: "5","3","5","disable and notify me". Secound
> uhm: yes, I searched the archive, but have not found anything similar.
>
> Question:
> Is this a bug in mailman 2.03 or did i make some configuration errors?
>
> If the latter is the case, I added the servers configuration below, hope
> that's not to much ...
>
> Settings:
>
> mm_cfg.py:
>
> DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'mailman.domain.bla'
> DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://mailman.domain.bla/mailman/'
> MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner at xxx.xxx'
> PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail'
> PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
> MAX_SPAWNS        = 100
> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 100
> DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail'
> SENDMAIL_CMD = '/usr/sbin/sendmail'
>
> Sendmail:
>
> First looks up the virtusertable and maps then to aliases. All local users
> have a virtusertable entry and for every domain we have we put a
> @domain.bla error:nouser User unknown
> We have cyrus as the local delivery agent.
>
> config.mc:
>
> divert(-1)
> VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-bsd4.4.mc,v 8.11 2001/04/04 16:26:02 mic Exp $')dnl
> OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
> DOMAIN(generic)dnl
> define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw')dnl
> define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,needmailhelo,noexpn,novrfy')dnl
> define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl
> define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `4d')dnl
> define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `4h')dnl
> define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS',`CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', `SA5 at w|')dnl
> define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_FLAGS', `S')dnl
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrus')dnl
> define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver')dnl
> define(`CERT_DIR', `MAIL_SETTINGS_DIR`'certs')dnl
> define(`confCACERT_PATH', `/etc/mail/certs/netbase')dnl
> define(`confCACERT', `CERT_DIR/netbase/CAcert.pem')dnl
> define(`confSERVER_CERT', `CERT_DIR/netbase/cert.pem')dnl
> define(`confSERVER_KEY', `CERT_DIR/netbase/key.pem')dnl
> define(`confCLIENT_CERT', `CERT_DIR/netbase/cert.pem')dnl
> define(`confCLIENT_KEY', `CERT_DIR/netbase/key.pem')dnl
> define(`confRUN_AS_USER',`root:mail')dnl
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
> FEATURE(`domaintable')dnl
> FEATURE(`genericstable')dnl
> [...]

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten