[Mailman-Users] AMANDA

Karl Carlile dagda at eircom.net
Tue Jul 10 13:36:13 CEST 2001

Amanda thanks very much for your advice. I have done what you said. It is
making sense. The xterm is the appropriate platform. It is best to think in
xterm terms instead of gui terms --maybe a bad microsoft habit.

Now to my problem.

I downloaded the file from the website. Everything went fine. I extracted the
file and everything went fine. I have carefully read the instructions. Now I
proceeded to configure using the commands offered by the instructions.
Everything seemed to go fine. A stream of information came up on the screen.
But then it said that that installation directory /home/mailman is not
configured properly.
checking permissions on /home/mailman ... configure: error:
Then are five starts followed by Set-gid bit must set for directory:
/home/mailman
FIve stars followed by Permissions should be at least 02775: /home/mailman
This is followed by the prompt  [mailman at localhost mailman-2.0.5]$

I would like to know how to set set-gid bit for directory etc.

Regards
Karl