[Mailman-Users] 2.1a2 trouble

Brian Bilbrey bilbrey at orbdesigns.com
Sun Jul 15 03:59:17 CEST 2001

{ Back on list }...

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 08:44:40PM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> Well look at this:
>
> -rw-rw-r--   2 mailman        46 Jul 15  2001 master-qrunner
> -rw-rw-r--   2 mailman        46 Jul 15  2001 master-qrunner.molson.13440
>
> DAM!
>
> you were right!
>
> Do you know if I can put this stuff into /var/run (tmp) so that if a reboot
> happens, the thing can carry on?
>
> I can always preface the init script to rm these files prior to launching
> the program too....but there must be a way to get this to run in /var/run....

I imagine that if you write a script that starts it up nicely at
boot, you could always have a _STOP_ case that terminates Mailman
gracefully, leaving no lock file behind.

Personally, I find it better to clean up at shutdown, then to have
to clean-up before being allowed to start.

regards,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey :: bilbrey at orbdesigns.com :: www.orbdesigns.com
   "Regulatory science is to science as bear traps are to bears."