[Mailman-Users] News2Mail on 2.1a2

J.D. Bronson lists at xpec.com
Tue Jul 17 14:20:59 CEST 2001

I am actually running 2.1.a2 in production and for the most part it is
performing extremely well :)

However, I run news2mail on 13 lists. Up until this am, I had no troubles.
When I run gate_news, the following occurs:

% /usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 232, in ?
     main()
   File "/usr/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 213, in main
     process_lists(lock)
   File "/usr/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 189, in process_lists
     poll_newsgroup(mlist, conn, start, last+1, glock)
   File "/usr/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 118, in poll_newsgroup
     msg = p.parsestr(NL.join(lines))
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mimelib/Parser.py", line
46, in parsestr
     self._parse(root, 0, StringIO(text))
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mimelib/Parser.py", line
93, in _parse
     self._parsebody(container, lineno, fp)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mimelib/Parser.py", line
128, in _parsebody
     lineno+payload.count('\n'))
mimelib.Errors.BoundaryError: Couldn't find terminating boundary (line 31)

When I looks at ~/mailman/logs, the 'fromusenet' file has only 1/2 the
groups in it and it seems like it stalled on the 6th group .

While I may be able to manually set the watermark and/or simply FIX this, I
am wondering what caused this and if there is a fix.?

In addition, if news2mail bombs in one newsgroup, why doesnt it report the
error to ~/logs/error and KEEP ON GOING?

Help?

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care