[Mailman-Users] manually increasing digest volume number

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Wed Jul 25 23:53:55 CEST 2001

    BF> He's had a list running for over three years now, so his
    BF> digests under Majordomo were showing volume 4. Since I
    BF> upgraded to Mailman, his digest volume number has (as
    BF> expected) reset to 1. Any way I can manually bump the digest
    BF> volume to 4? I'm guessing I'd use withlist, but not sure which
    BF> exact routine to call (and I'm not a Python expert). There
    BF> also doesn't seem to be a manpage for withlist (or any of the
    BF> Mailman utils), and the documentation inside the script isn't
    BF> enough to get me to the place I need to be.

bin/withlist prints some documentation if you give it --help, and
there's also http://www.list.org/admins.html, but neither is what you
really want. :)  You need to know the attributes you can twiddle with
bin/withlist and that takes guru knowledge. ;)

Here's a quick and dirty shell session for setting the volume number
to 4.  Hope this helps.

-Barry

% python -i bin/withlist -l mylist
>>> m.next_digest_number