[Mailman-Users] Announce lists, bounce, weekly intervals

Chris Halverson cdh at CompleteIS.com
Thu Jul 26 02:50:43 CEST 2001

Yes, another in the long line of "announce only" list config
questions. The upside is that I already know how to configure the list
for the announce only (even got the admin to figure out how to get
Oulook to add the "Approved" header so that there are zero implicitly
accepted addresses :) My question revolves around the bounce
processing.

The bounce processing works great, however this client only sends out
one announcement a week. This causes some issues wrt the bouncing,
ie. what should "max_posts_between_bounces" and the other settings be?
They basically want the address removed on the 2nd bounce. It's a
little hard to test this in a real situation due to the timeframe
invovled, so I was hoping that somebody had a quick answer.

Thanks!

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         http://www.completeis.com/