[Mailman-Users] No root privilege on the mail server

Wang, Mary Y Mary.Wang at West.Boeing.com
Wed Jun 20 01:50:12 CEST 2001

Hi All,
I have the Mailman software loaded on my machine.  We have a mail server on
a remote machine, but
I don't have the root privilege on it.  After reading the Mailman
documentation, I need to add list aliases to the /etc/aliases file.  If I
don't have the root access, can I still set up the Mailman software
successfully?  I have the full root privilege on my own machine.  Do I need
install a mail
server program on my machine so that I can run Mailman successfully ?  Is
there something like a virtual mail server?

Thanks in advance.
Mary
(562) 797-1545