[Mailman-Users] Multiple identical copies (100s) ad nauseum being sent as daily digest

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Mon Jun 25 09:10:58 CEST 2001

On Sunday, June 24, 2001, at 11:55 PM, Dan and Robby Grether wrote:

> How can they be stopped? How can this problem be prevented in the
> future.

first thing you need to do is find out where the duplicates are coming
from. that means going into the logs to find them.

Don't assume mailman's doing it, either. It could also be the MTA
(sendmail, whatever).

Is this happening to all users? or just users at one site? Because if
it's the latter, it could be THAT site that's looping, and not your
fault at all.

you won't know until you go into your logs and find out where the loop
starts. And we can't do that for you...

There are many possible sources to loops. Until you find it, we can't
answer your questiosn.

95% of being a net.god is sounding persuasive
and convincing people you know what you're talking about, even when
you're
making it up as you go along. (chuq von rospach, 1992)