[Mailman-Users] mail loops: list-request and vacation messages

Bob Puff@NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Tue Jun 26 06:13:20 CEST 2001

Hi Chuq,

That was one wild autoresponder!

But I still maintain that having the two variables I mentioned, x number of messages in y minutes, this could be "tuned" per list to be 90% effective.  On a high-volume list (like this one), obviously you set the max number of messages higher than on a list that only gets a handful of messages per day.

I think we all can agree that while nothing might be 100% effective, it's the mailbots that return each message they receive to the list-post address that are the major causes of headaches.  THOSE are the ones we need to automatically catch.  And that's not that difficult to do.  The mailbots that have long delays - they can be caught by the admins that only check in every other day or so, as they are not going to be piling on 1000 messages.

Bob