[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: Big problems with stale lockfiles on large list...

Gergo Soros soros_gergo at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 13:17:17 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry at digicool.com>

>     >> Barry, wanted to thank you muchly for the lengthy description
>     >> of the problem and the patch that you provided.  I figured that
>     >> this was probably what was happening, after having gone through
>     >> the process of running the CGIs repeatedly myself here.
>
>     CVR> By the by, I hate to say this, but I think this thing
>     CVR> deserves a 2.0.5 subrelease....
>
> I was thinking the same thing.  :/  I'd like to get more feedback on
> how important/useful you site guys think it would be.
>
> Chuq's vote is counted. :)

Just a quick vote: your patch has solved our problems with the stale locks,
too and we haven't seen any issues coming up for the last couple of days now.
Many thanks, Barry!

>    GT> major fire that I've had.  Now all I've got to figure out is
>    GT> how to try to speed up the admin CGIs so that they don't take
>    GT> two or three minutes to load when dealing with large lists...

I'm positive that moving the storage to MySQL/PgSQL/Oracle will speed
up the db side, guess this is something for the 3.0 release.

Gergo