[Mailman-Users] acceptable_aliases Option

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu May 3 18:28:08 CEST 2001

Hi there!  I've got some semi-private distribution lists on an MS
Exchange server here at work, which I'd like to propogate off-site using
mailman.  I can create a mailing list, and add it to the list of people
on this distribution list very easily.  What I'd like to do is make sure
that Joe User can't email this list and give people the impression that
this is an official message from our organization.  Since mail is going
"to" the exchange list, the mailman list isn't in recipients headers.
This is great, because then I can block people from sending to the list
unless they're really on our exchange server.  I can't seem to figure
out what's expected in the "accepptable_aliases" option box.  Here's
about what my test distribution lists "to" field looks like to mailman
(some names changed to protect the innocent).
IMCEAEX-_O=ORGNAME+20OTHERORGNAME_OU=OUNAME_CN=CONTAINERNAME_CN=Testing at cu-portland.edu

Can anybody help me figure out what I need to put in this box so that
mail sent "to" this address will go through mailman?  Thanks,
    Greg

--
Troll, troll, troll your post
Gently down the feed