[Mailman-Users] Re: "could not acquire qrunner lock", etc (partially solved)

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Wed May 2 19:04:05 CEST 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:27:58AM +0100, Mike Crowe wrote:
> > The good news is that the mm folks know about this and redesigned the
> > queueing system to avoid this holdup. All that said, pipermail will still
> > not be an archiver of choice, you are encouraged to use something else.
>
> Is anything recommended? Ideally something that will turn the mbox files
> into nice HTML every night without keeping the list locked.

That's what I thought of too, but there isn't any direct way to do this in
mailman.
That  said, nothing  prevents you  from running  the archiver  code by  hand
against the  mailbox (something like  grepmail todaysdate mbox |  formail -s
scriptthatrunsarchiver)

Pipermail however does remain slow and  inefficient (it can use huge amounts
of CPU and RAM), and this is  known, no one is actively maintaining the code
and people  who have  real archiver  needs are  typically encouraged  to use
monharc.

Cheers,
Marc