[Mailman-Users] to prevent unsubscribing

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Fri May 4 15:16:41 CEST 2001

At 09:38 AM 2001/05/04 +0300, Murat Balkas wrote:

>Hi,
>
>         how can I prevent members to unsubscribe from lists?

Hello Murat,

List management software doesn't generally allow you to keep people on
lists when they don't want to be. There are probably ways you could hide
unsubscribe instructions from users, but I believe there should always be a
way for people to unsubscribe. They may not *want* the messages your list
is sending them. Also, their email address might change (ISP changes, mail
servers may be renamed, etc., etc). You may feel you have good reason to
deny unsubscribes, but it is probably better to provide content that makes
people *want* to remain subscribed.

Regards,
Kevin