[Mailman-Users] Help! My list digest users overwhelmed

Louiza louiza at home.com
Mon May 7 09:02:58 CEST 2001

At 10:48 PM -0700 5/6/01, J C Lawrence wrote:
>Examine the recieved headers of some of the dupes.  The odds are
>high that it has nothing to do with your system, and that it has
>everything to do with broken software at their end(s).  This usually
>happens with broken MTAs delivering to even more broken POP accounts
>and mishandling the error conditions surrounding "mailbox full" etc.

Thank you very much for your help.

There is this <x-charset iso-8859-1> showing up in the oddest places
in one member's posts. It shows up next to her e-mail address in
several posts inside the offending digest, and in individual posts in
the body of the message. She has a Yahoo! addy. Since that appears to
be the only anomaly I'm seeing, I tend to think her account is the
culprit.

The other thing: people who are getting the multiple copies (400+ for
some of them!) have unsubscribed, but are still getting them. Does
that make sense?

Thank you,

Louiza