[Mailman-Users] Mailman problem? (Fw: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 126)

Geert Altena geert at arago.utwente.nl
Thu May 17 01:56:23 CEST 2001

Quoting Marcel Loesberg, <mhll at dds.nl>:
> Below is a returned mail I got when I tried to subscribe to
> my own Mailman "test" list.
> I use Mailman 2.0.4 on a RedHat 6.2 system with Sendmail 8.9.3
> In /etc/aliases I have:
>
> test-request:    |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test
>
> Any ideas where it goes wrong?

try

test-request:    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"

It might be that the Sendmail 'newaliases' is rather picky. IIRC
the '/path/to/mailman/bin/newlist <listname>' gives the aliases with
the double-quotes included...

> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> >sh: /home/mailman/mail/wrapper.mailcmd.test: No such file or directory
> >554 |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test... unknown mailer error 126

HTH,
\Geert.
--
Geert Altena | Geert at arago.utwente.nl | Coffee, black, no sugar
      Finger for PGPkey : Diffie-Hellman 2048/0xC540C550