[Mailman-Users] How to remove/stop posts already sent to the list?

Horvath Gabor (hwg) hwg at quaestor.hu
Tue May 22 13:20:47 CEST 2001

Hello,

I accidentally posted to my list (Mailman 1.1) 10 copies of a message. Because of the large number of subscribers (100s), I had to stop the smtp server running under the mailing list because lots of people began to get angry (rightly).

We have removed the messages sent by Mailman from the mailserver's spool, but we cannot remove them from Mailman.

1. Can anyone tell me, how could we do that? (we must be sure that the rest of the list won't get the 10 copies)

2. Is there any unsent messages in Mailman, or it gave all messages to smtp?

Thanx in advance.

hwg