Fw: [Mailman-Users] command who on private list

Don Daniels viewelk at avci.net
Wed Nov 7 01:52:57 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Mick <dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>; <viewelk at avci.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] command who on private list

> > > How can I (administrator) get the suscriber list for mail?
> > >
> > > I send "who" and response private list (My configutaion is only
> administrator).
> > >
> > > I send "who password" and response error.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > P.D. Sorry for my grammatic but I don´t speak English
> > >

> > Hey Panega,
> >                     I haven't found a way to get the subscriber list via
> administrator be email so far !
>
> So, the issue is that "authenticating the 'who' requestor" isn't
> reliable from an email, not that you can't get the list.
> You can get the subscriber roster for a list that isn't
> roster-controlled.  Also, if the administrator is a member
> of the list it should work.  Perhaps that test should be expanded
> to include "or sender is administrator".

Hey Dan,
               As end users (administrators of lists NOT the host website OS)
our options are limited.

I have the subscriber "who" set to NO.
Which means the subscribers cannot be provided with this info.
I attempted a test with my subscribed address and it was refused as well.
Don't have POP on my administrators email because it is merely a forwarding account as a result of my allowing a co-moderator (no mailman option.)
 As a result I cannot tell you definitely if the WHO will go to the administrators address.

I haven't a clue as to what you mean here
"Perhaps that test should be expanded > to include "or sender is administrator".

Perhaps you could expand on it ?
Thanks in advance

                     Best          Don