[Mailman-Users] False, and what not...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Nov 29 00:20:19 CET 2001

    Also in MM 2.0.8:

    Looking in Defaults.py, there's this section:

# Pipermail archives contain the raw email addresses of the posting
authors.
# Some view this as a goldmine for spam harvesters.  Set this to false
# moderately obscure email addresses, but note that this breaks mailto:
URLs
# in the archives too.
ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS = 0

    The text above says, 'set this to false to moderately obscure email
addresses'.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that default setting
already set to false?  It's a bit confusing telling someone to set the
value to false if they want to obfuscate stuff when the setting is
already set that way.

    In my head 0 = false, 1 = true.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.