[Mailman-Users] Mailman won't deliver?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 2 07:19:55 CEST 2001

I'm sending this to the list cause my head is hurting from banging it at the same things over and over again. I'm just hoping someone can point me in a more productive direction....

preface: have read documentation, browsed archives etc.

I'm running Mailman 2.0.6 under Mac OS X 10.0.4, with postfix-20010228-pl04.

I've just gotten back from a week holiday, and previous to this, had a perfectly working installation of Mailman. I'm pretty much positive no-one else has touched any of the config (not everyone else is back yet, so it's impossible to be definite), but for some reason Mailman has stopped working properly.

The problem is that Mailman seems unable to deliver mail.

If I do something like:

echo "blah" | mail nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au

I get the message fine.

If I send a message to a list address, it appears in the archives, but never gets sent. In the Mailman logs I get:

(in the smtp file)

All recipients refused: (61, 'Connection refused')

(in the smtp-failure file)

(1620) -1 nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au (ignore)

I did have this all working, and buggered if I know what has gone wrong...

nigel

--
 N i g e l   K e r s t e n
  Systems Administrator